Dear mission partners,
Do you have a heart to mentor and equip the next generation of missionary aviators to carry the torch of the Gospel into the future? Do you know someone who has a passion to invest in the lives of others? We are in urgent and great need of several maintenance instructors, across all areas of Moody Aviation’s maintenance training program. Our maintenance training program exists to equip our students with the maintenance skills needed to help advance the cause of Christ around the world. We highly value the role that mentorship plays in our maintenance training program and are finding that its need is increasing, not only due to the growing need for qualified maintenance staff overseas, but also because the previous experience that students begin maintenance training with is significantly different than it was 20 years ago. Due to Moody’s unique mission and purpose, the majority of our instructors are on-loan from various organizations; a model that allows us to keep costs as low as possible for our students while still maintaining a high instructor to student ratio in order to effectively prepare and mentor the next generation of mission aviators. Would you consider joining the team at Moody Aviation as a maintenance instructor?
The main areas and specific needs within each area are identified below and attached are more specific job descriptions.
- 2 full-time on-loan instructors needed
- Part-time on-loan help also welcomed
- Responsible for classroom and lab instruction in a variety of subject areas (preferred teaching areas given preference)
- Provide modeling and mentoring for students
- Upgrade curriculum, training aids, and lab components to maintain currency with industry standards and mission agency requirements
- Demonstrate and supervise student use of specialized lab and shop equipment
- Demonstrate practical troubleshooting and repair of aircraft components
- Maintain proper condition, cleanliness and safety of assigned areas
- Provide technical guidance for lab assistants and supervise to ensure technical accuracy and proper preparation of materials.
- Perform semester student evaluations